Dental, Vision and Hearing Policies
A CSO Dental, Vision and Hearing Policy can provide protection for services you need.
Get the coverage you need for you and your eligible dependents with a Central States Health & Life Co. of Omaha (CSO) dental, vision and hearing insurance policy.
Offering Services for:
- Eye Exams
- Contact Lenses
- Hearing Exams
- Hearing Aids
- Hearing Aid Repairs
For a Sample of Schedule of Benefits and Important Details
Central States Health
& Life Co. of Omaha
AM Best Financial Strength Rating
* The AM Best Company, Inc. rating refers only to the overall financial status of the company and is not a recommendation of the specific policy provision, rates or practices of the insurance company.
AM Best’s Financial Strength Rating is an independent opinion of an insurer’s financial strength and ability to meet ongoing obligations to policyholders. For the latest rating, access www.ambest.com
- An essential part of your overall well-being is maintaining good oral health. Ignoring your oral health can lead to cavities, gum disease and also has been linked to heart disease, cancer and diabetes.
- You have one set of eyes. Taking care of your vision on a regular basis is important. Annual exams diagnose not only vision correction, but also the health of your eyes.
- Loss of hearing affects quality of life. Unfortunately, it can also happen to anyone. That is why it is important to get a baseline test, and regular follow-up exams. Doing so can help diagnose potential problems
Choosing a Dental, Vision and Hearing Plan should focus on two key factors: benefits and service. CSO differentiates themselves in both areas with over 90 years of extending insurance products and servicing our policyholders. Benefits of a CSO Dental, Vision and Hearing Policy include:
- 100% coverage with no deductible and no waiting period for routine and basic services for dental, vision and hearing exams. Expenses are payable in accordance with the Policy’s Schedule of Benefits.
- Freedom to select the provider of your choice. For dental services, you also have the option to take advantage of negotiated discounts by selecting a provider within a contracted Preferred Provider Network with DenteMax.
- Coverage is available for your spouse and/or your dependent children (children up to age 26).
- Claim and policyholder support provided by service professionals dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction.
CLICK below to link to the respective state PDF Document
For Arizona residents, CLICK HERE
For Kansas residents, CLICK HERE
For Idaho residents, CLICK HERE
For North Carolina residents, CLICK HERE
For Pennsylvania residents, CLICK HERE
For Utah residents, CLICK HERE
For all other states, CLICK HERE
To get a free Quote, CLICK HERE
You can obtain a free quote by speaking to an agent.
CSO’s dental policy includes a preferred provider network with DenteMax. The providers in the DenteMax network are referred to as “in-network” or “preferred providers” and have agreed to furnish dental services to you and your covered family members in a manner which will help manage your costs.
Insureds who use the DenteMax network have the freedom to choose from their nationwide dental network. DenteMax provides peace of mind for insureds with predictable fee schedules that are typically 20%-40% below dentists’ usual charges. DenteMax makes sure that every participating dentist goes through a rigorous credentialing process that includes re-credentialing every three years.
Use of the DenteMax network is voluntary, and the selection of a dentist is always your choice. Please note, however, if you choose to use a provider who does not participate in the DenteMax network, you should expect to pay more than using a provider within the network. If the out-of-network provider’s actual charges are more than the usual and customary fee*, your plan will cover the usual and customary fee for services provided, after your deductible is met. You will then be responsible for the difference between the actual charges and the usual and customary fee, in addition to any deductible, and co-insurance amounts due.
In the example below, dollar amounts indicated are used for illustrative purposes only. See how much you can potentially save by using a participating dentist**:
DenteMax In-Network Participating Dentist
Out of Network Dentist
|Dentist Billed Amount
|Dentist Billed Amount
|Usual & Customary Fee Schedule
|PPO In-Network Discount
|CSO Benefit Payable at
|CSO Benefit Payable at
|Insured Out-of-Pocket. (The difference between CSO’s payment and the Negotiated Rate.)
| Insured Out-of-Pocket.
(The difference between
CSO’s payment and the
actual billed amount.)
| By using an In-Network Provider,
The example above considers that:
• Insured is in the second year of their CSO policy and the policy pays 70% of the usual and customary maximum allowed fee.
• The patient has met the deductible.
• The Participating Dentist calculation is based on the patient visiting a DenteMax PPO dentist.
Enjoy an easier claims process
Visiting an in-network dentist means less hassle and paperwork for you – saving you time and worry. When you choose a DenteMax preferred provider, claims and other paperwork are automatically filed for you; and, any claim payments are conveniently sent directly to the dentist. This means you don’t pay the bill upfront and wait for reimbursement. You simply receive a CSO Explanation of Benefits (EOB) statement outlining what was covered by your CSO policy and what charges may be your responsibility.
Avoid extra costs and hassles
Receiving services from an out-of-network provider can result in:
- Higher out-of-pocket costs.
- Responsibility for payment of charges before benefits have been applied.
- Filing claim and other required paperwork.
Broad Network – Many Options
DenteMax allows you to make the most from your insurance; their network includes more than 263,000 dental access points nationwide. It’s easy to find a qualified participating dentist. In fact, your current dentist may already be in the DenteMax network. Find a participating dentist in your area by using the DenteMax website at www.dentemax.com.
* The usual and customary fee is the amount charged for a service in a geographic area based on what providers in the area usually charge for the same or similar service.
** If your current provider is not in the DenteMax network, you may ask your provider to become part of the network. Your provider can review specific details by following the instructions on the DenteMax website at www.dentemax.com. If your current out of network provider chooses to join and becomes part of the DenteMax network, you too can benefit from the reduced costs and no hassle billing which comes with the use of a DenteMax network provider.
1. Can I choose my own dentist for dental services?
Yes, you can chose your own dentist. Or, you may select a provider from the plan’s contracted network of providers through DenteMax, which allows for negotiated rates.
2. What annual/biannual routine dental services are covered at 100%?
The following expenses are considered routine: diagnostic services, to include oral evaluations (limited to once every 6 months) and bitewings (limited to once every 12 months). Preventative services , to include prophylaxis (once every 6 months), topical application of fluoride (limited to once every 12 months and up to age 16) and sealants (limited to once every 36 months and up to age 16).
3. Are there any waiting periods?
There is no waiting period for preventative or basic dental services. There is a 9 month waiting period for major dental expenses, and for vision and hearing hardware. For Tennessee Policyholders, there is a 9 month waiting period for major dental expenses, and a 30 day waiting period for vision and hearing hardware.
4. What network of providers is available for dental?
DenteMax offers a network of dentists contacted at negotiated rates. To view the dentists within the DenteMax network CLICK HERE
5. What are the deductibles for this plan?
There is a $100 per insured person, per policy year deductible. Note this deductible is waived for preventative dental covered expenses, comprehensive eye examinations and hearing examinations (hearing exams have a $75 maximum benefit).
6. Are dental, vision and hearing benefits a percentage of the covered expense?
After the deductible, basic and major dental covered expenses are paid at 60% in the first policy year; 70% in the second policy year; and 80% in each policy year thereafter, up to the policy’s maximum.
After the deductible, covered vision hardware expenses are paid at 60% in the first policy year; 70% in the second policy year; and 80% in each policy year thereafter, up to the policy’s maximum of $200 every two years.
After the deductible, covered hearing hardware expenses are paid at 60% in the first policy year; 70% in the second policy year; and 80% in each policy year thereafter, up to the policy’s maximum of $500 every two years.
7. Can I change my chosen benefit level? (e.g., move from the $1,000 benefit level to the $1,500 benefit level)
Moving to a different benefit level can be an option. If you are interested in moving to a different benefit level, it is important to contact Customer Service so you are made aware of plan restrictions, if any. Please call 1-833-522-4874 to speak with a Customer Service Representative for further information.
8. Where may I access a Dental, Vision and Hearing claim form?
To access a claim form, CLICK HERE.
These dental, vision and hearing insurance products are underwritten by Central States Health & Life Co. of Omaha.
This is a solicitation of insurance. You are under no obligation when you ask for more information. If you respond, you may be contacted by a licensed insurance agent in an attempt to sell you insurance. A licensed agent will provide you complete information including benefits, costs, eligibility requirements, exclusions and limitations.
This insurance provides limited benefits if you meet the conditions listed in the policy. It does not pay your Medicare deductibles or coinsurance and is not a substitute for Medicare Supplement insurance.
This website does not pertain to states where no coverage is available including: AK, AR, CA, CT, DE, HI, ME, MD, MA, MN, NH, NM, NY, OR, RI, VT, WA, and WI, including DC, Guam and Saipan.
Looking for Assistance?
We’re Here to Help!
8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (CST)
Monday through Friday
You can obtain a free quote by speaking to an agent.
To contact an Agent for help with a CSO Dental, Vision and Hearing policy, call (866) 887-9323.
Agents currently representing CSO Dental, Vision and Hearing Insurance, CLICK HERE, or Login using the link in the menu above.
Agents interested in representing CSO for Dental, Vision and Hearing Insurance, call (866) 644-3988.